Brooches are often unnoticed in India as a fashion ornament. In a wardrobe piled with necklaces, earrings and bangles, brooches hardly ever do find themselves getting the importance that they deserve.
Reasons why you should really try them are as follows:
- They are great Conversation starters
- They make you look more put together
- They are not age or size or shape specific
- They give you a unique identity and help send out a message or statement
- They are versatile – pin them to your clothes, bags, caps, use them as lockets for long chains, use them in scrap booking, present wrapping or even put a whole bunch together and use it as a bridal bouquet.
- And finally they are really Fun!!
Now that the reason to sport them are firmly established, let’s look at some Brooches and badges that you would want to pin close to your heart.
Blingy Brooches: With the festive season in full swing, what better way to glam your clothes than a blingy brooch studded with crystals and rhinestones. Brooches with Stars, circles and floral inspired motifs are very versatile. Big stud earrings that are too heavy on the ears can easily be converted to make wearable brooches.
Statement Badges: Ever wanted to make a statement without being really loud about it? Then statement badges are perfect for you. But them off the shelf or get them customized to speak out your thoughts.
Handmade Brooches: Brooches and pins hand crafted from fabric, lace trims, crochet, and bits and pieces of recycled materials all fall into this segment. Best part – they are quirky, unique, often one of kind and they are really cheap if you can make them. You can make them as per your style be it punk or sweet or preppy.
Vintage & Heritage pins: The burnished brass pins with your name or a symbol are heritage pieces that you should not throw away. They are stylish, chic and reek of the old world charm.
So raid your family closet, there would definitely be a brooch pin somewhere around waiting to be discovered.